Wednesday October 24, 2012 | 1 comment
This coming weekend, October 27-28, visit the Los Angeles International Tea Festival and delight your palate with teas from all over the world. Meet the who’s who of specialty tea – can you say celebriteas - including:
- Den Shirakata of Den’s Tea and Rona Tison of Ito En, both representing Japan
- Roy Fong from San Francisco, founder of the Imperial Tea Court, representing China
- Devan Shah, owner of International Tea Importers, representing India
- Roy Van Twest of QTrade, representing Sri Lanka
- None other than the famous James Norwood Pratt, adding his charming storytelling to the mix
The exhibitors will have gallons of tea for you to taste in your free tasting cup, plus tastings that pair tea with chocolate as well as tea with cheese, presented by Chef Robert Wemischner. Want to really pump up your tea knowledge? James Norwood Pratt and Devan Shah are teaching a Tea Sommelier seminar. A Japanese Tea Ceremony will be performed both days from 4:00 to 5:00 PM. Doors open at 11:00 AM and close at 5:00 PM, a full day’s worth of entertainment and fun for foodies and tea lovers. Jump on your closest freeway and come on over to Little Tokyo for something different, something fun, and something good for you too. If you prefer to take the Metro, it will drop you off across the street from the Museum – it just doesn’t get any easier than that. Buy tickets online at http://www.teafestivalla.com or http://www.chadotea.com. Save 25% by using TeaFest25 when purchasing your tickets – my gift to you.